Hi! Sorry for the lengthy absence, but we've been busy moving in to our new home! We are getting settled in, slowly but surely. There are a lot of boxes, but this home gives us more space than we've ever had, so the boxes yet to be unpacked are pretty spread out. We are SO excited to be here. We think we're gonna love country livin'. Dorothy is very busy and she loves having room to roam.
Speaking of our darling girlie, here are a few fun things she's been doing since I last posted:
(1) She says "Excuse me" when she burps, as well as when either Mommy or Daddy burps. Which is hardly ever. Heh heh.
(2) She thinks that every single truck, van, or somewhat large vehicle is a "ga-guck", which we suspect means "fire truck" because it is always immediately followed by "WEE-oooh-WEEE-ooooh-WEEE-oooh". No matter how many times I try to tell her, she can't be convinced that trash trucks, dump trucks, SUVs, choo-choo trains and mini-vans don't ALL make that sound.
(3) I finally sat down and made a list of her words and I have come up with 113 of them. I keep remembering some that I forgot, so the list is probably still incomplete! Her enunciation on many words is clear as a bell, and she is expanding her vocabulary all the time by pointing to things and asking "dis-is?" ("what's this?") She not only knows many nouns, but also some verbs, adjectives, and adverbs, such as "sleepy" ("seepy"), "rock" (as in a rocking chair), "walk", and outside ("side"). I plan on teaching her how to diagram sentences pretty soon.
(4) She continues to take wonderful, lovely, 3 hour naps each day.
Pictures soon...
1 comment:
It's great to hear from you, Kel! Dorothy has gotten so big since I last saw her- so precious!!! Congrats on the new house and thanks for letting us know about you blog... much love from the Hydros to your fam:)
Post a Comment