...A bunch of books by Margaret Wise Brown (1910-1952). These are due back to the library today, so before I returned them I just thought I would share:
Sheep Don't Count Sheep - the version I read was newly illustrated in 2003 by Benrei Huang, and I LOVE the illustrations - they are so soft and have real life and breath to them even though they are stylized. A mommy sheep is singing her baby sheep to sleep. But the baby sheep can't fall asleep because "every time his soft head nodded and his eyes blinked closed, he saw something else happening around him." His mommy wisely tells him to close his eyes and count butterflies. This one was so good I may just have to buy a copy :)
The Good Little Bad Little Pig - A little boy named Peter asks his mother for a pig. Not just any pig, but a "good little bad little pig." Peter's mother helps him find the perfect pig - "Not too good and not too bad - the very best pig any boy ever had."
My World of Color - As you might guess, a book about colors and where we can find them in the world. Each page devoted to a different color, with brief, rhyming verses to engage the child and lots of pictures of things that toddlers/preschoolers would be interested in, like pigs, oranges, and bees.
Bumble Bugs and Elephants - A book about contrasts - "great big" things and "little tiny" things.
1 comment:
Hey Kelly: Thanks for the comment on my blog. Let me know if you guys want to come to the National Harbor, I may be able to get you a discount on the dinner. I hope things are going well.
Post a Comment